Remember the theme we began this year with? Psalm 119:37
We are now at the 8th month of the year 2016, and it’s good we take out time to assess ourselves. How much of God’s Word have we really taken into us this year 2016? How much of God’s Word have we allowed to transform us? This is not just simply knowing the Word of God, or being able to cram it, quote it or even preach it.
This means, does the Word really reign in our hearts? Does the Word of God guide our actions? Is the Word of God the source of our Joy, peace and the driver of our lives???
Therefore we ask the question today is “What’s Your WQ???
First, i’m sure you’re wondering; what exactly is WQ??? Just like we have IQ for ‘Intelligence Quotient’ and EQ for ‘Emotional Quotient’ or the popular term ‘Emotional Intelligence’, we have coined our own WQ to mean Word Quotient!
WQ to us simply means how much of God’s Word we are enlightened on within us. And how much of His Word has become our basis for life and living!
Do we choose our responses in life based on the Word of God? It means when faced with a challenge do we worry or go to the Word? When in certain situations, is it the Word that comes us 1st or other things?
The ability to test the level of our WQ is by how much of the Word of God we live out in our day to day lives and in relating with one another.
Let’s create some scenarios;
- If someone upsets you do you just respond in anger or remember the Word (a soft answer turns away wrath- Prov 15:1)
- When in trials and temptations do you get weighed down by it or remember the Word (Count it all Joy- James 1:2)
- With the economic situation happening around, do you complain with others or (Pray for those in authority- 1st Tim 2:2; Laugh at destruction and famine- Job 5:22; declare that your portion is a lifting up- Job 22:29)
- When there is danger all around do you fear? Or are you secure in the Word that says (a thousand may fall at your side but won’t come near you –Psalm 91:7)
- When faced with several trying times do you remember God’s Word that continuously says (Fear not, God is with you- Isaiah 41:10)
- If you’re faced with a temptation do you remember God’s word that says (Abstain from every form of evil- 1st Thes 5:22 or Submit yourselves then to God, Resist the Devil and he will flee from you- James 4:7)
- When someone legally hurts you, do you seek to revenge or do you respond in love and forgive (Eph 4:32; Col 3:13)
- When a situation is tagged absolutely impossible do you know that it is possible because (With God all things are possible- Matthew 19:26, Mark 10:27)
The truth is World responses and Word responses are two verrrrryyyyyyyyy different things.
When our WQ is high, Word responses come to us by default, because it means they have already been programmed inside of us. This can only happen when we have paid consistent, quality attention to the Word of God.
As children of God we are meant to stand out with our Word responses. In this time of darkness we are meant to shine as light. Our lives should command attention. But this doesn’t just happen until we become life long students of the word of God. Our 1st occupation is to get the word of God into our heart. John 15:7 says
7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
We begin to command power when the Word of God becomes a part of us. This takes continuous reading, study, meditation. Truth is NOTHING is more important than this for a Christian. In the midst of the busyness and distractions of life, we have to consciously keep our priorities right and work hard at them.
- The Word of God is our Lamp and Light (Psalm 119:105)
- The Word of God is our Shield and Buckler (Psalm 91:4)
- The Word of God is our Sanctifier (John 17:17)
- The Word of God is our Sword (Eph 6:17)
- The Word of God Endures Forever (Matt 24:35)
- The Word of God is Alive and Active (Hebrews 4:13)
- The Word of God is LIFE (John 6:63)
The Word of God is everything we need and so much more. In it we find Life and Life Abundant! (John 10:10)
So today we implore you, please take the Word of God seriously!!! We all desire to be giants of faith, but we cannot grow in Faith beyond the level of the Word we know. Our faith is in direct relation with the level of the Word of God in us. Not just the Word we know about but the one that fills us in abundance.
Let us occupy ourselves with the Word and pay full attention to it. We need it now more than ever before!
In another post, we’ll be sharing practical steps on how we can increase our WQ. For now I leave you with the question;
What’s Your WQ?